2. What do you think about the concept of the Peacocks and their books for Children's Charities? I absolutely love the concept, the entire idea of all the books and after going to the web-site, I was more intrigued.
3. What so you think of the book, "Faeries, Pixies and Dragons, Oh My!"
The writing was wonderful and after only knowing the title of the last book I wanted to know what was going on inside. The illustrations were also good.
4. Would you use the Peacocks and their books for any more fund raising events? I would absolutely consider being involved in any way that I could with the Peacock Writers, it would not have to be a fundraiser. I’m hooked!
5. Please tell us about your charity and where someone may make a donation. SpringHaven Domestic Violence Program is the only State-Certified Shelter/Program for eight counties. We serve our victims and their children in many different capacities. The women and children actually live here at the shelter while trying to decide what path their lives may take next. We also have offices and Victim Advocates in our other 7 counties that attend court with the victim to assist in many other ways. Here at the shelter the children have their own Child Advocate who works with them one on one and also has groups 5-6 times a week while their moms are attending their own groups. The Child Advocate provides parenting skills for the moms and teaches the children that hands are not for hitting but for hugging and more appropriate things.
6. Who will be using the books? The Child Advocate received the books first and liked them a lot. The children always notice new things in the playroom especially on the book racks, so they will get used quite often.
7. Of course you can post our information: Our website is firstname.lastname@example.org, where an individual can donate through PayPal. Our mailing address is : SpringHaven P.O. Box 2047 Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42702
Thank you so much for all the attention, but most of all for your dedication to children who need a smile and a giggle from a funny book. Children who come to shelter are often very confused about so many things and it is heart-warming to know that there are groups who care just about them.